Happy Moanday: No Traveling!

Well, I am ex-haus-ted. After traveling for the past 6 weekends, I am very, very excited to say that I'm staying in New York this weekend! Woo hoo! The last time I was in New York for the weekend, and not getting on a plane, train, or bus, was the first weekend in March, when Dave visited me and we went to the Bronx Zoo. Sigh. That was a very, very long time ago. I feel lucky to have been able to spend so many weekends with Dave and our families, but come on people. Sometimes you just want to veg on the weekends (also not buy any more bus tickets. Also not ride on any more buses, where sometimes great big men will fall asleep next to/on top of you while your Flight of the Conchords second-season soundtrack plays not quite loudly enough to drown out his snoring.).

So, New York for the weekend! Hooray!

I feel a renewed sense of vigor, perhaps because the last of my head cold is swiftly disappearing, and my job pressures are back to normal, and it's spring! (kind of) and that generally inspires rebirth, renewal, spring cleaning, spring cooking, all that stuff.

On the menu this week:
I'm cooking up a steak tonight, since it's Monday, rainy, and lazy (oh that last part is just me).
I'm also getting hunger pains every time I leaf through Cooking for Two--delicious recipes in small servings. I'm thinking of the spaghetti carbonera, frittata with goat cheese, eggplant gratin... mmm....
And I'm probably going to try some of their delicious, small-portioned desserts.
Also, my roommates, who have decided to move out by the end of the month (anyone in need of a sublet/apartment in New York City?), will also be taking their fine collection of pots and pans, meaning I get to go kitchenware shopping! Ramekins, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment